Eliminating barriers to health.
We envision a world with no barriers to health.
- Health Creation: We advocate for a health system that creates, promotes, and supports people’s health and well-being.
- Collaboration: We work with all health professionals in respectful and supportive partnerships that address the needs of patients first. In doing so, we improve individuals’ health as we build better healthcare systems.
- Patient-Centered Care: We believe the patient is at the center of care. Healthcare professionals are here to serve the needs of the patient above all else.
- Inclusivity: We meet the needs of the patient first, by advocating for equal access to all regulated health providers. This includes a full range of therapies and approaches to optimize each patient’s care.
- Empowerment: We advocate for a healthcare system that empowers people to control their own health and health-promoting practices. We seek to optimize health-promoting capacity in individuals, organizations, and health professions. We do so by empowering people through education, knowledge and information, advocacy, access, communication, and collaboration.
- Respect: We respect all approaches in promoting health, healing, and well-being. We conduct ourselves with kindness, compassion, and direct and honest communication.
- Transparency: We are transparent to patients and to other professionals; we act in a way that is easy for others to see what we are doing and why we are doing it.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do. We work for the good of the whole system.
- Mindfulness: We are intentional and thoughtful in our interactions and choices. We listen. We choose our words and actions with care to serve the common good.
- Fairness: We advocate for a healthcare system that is just and free from discrimination.