IHPC congratulates John for his 8+ years of innovative leadership as ACCAHC’s Executive Director. He led many important initiatives with colleagues during this seminal time.
- Participation in IoM initiatives involving the role of integrative medicine (2008-2009), pain care (2010-2011) and inter-professionalism (2012-present).
- Publication of the “Clinician’s and Educators Desk Reference on the Licensed Complementary and Integrative Health Professions” (2009; second edition 2013)
- Co-author of the white paper: “Meeting the National Primary Care Needs: The Roles of Doctors of Chiropractic and Naturopathic Medicine, Practitioners of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and Direct-Entry Midwives.”
- Development of the “Project for Integrative Health and the Triple Aim” (PIHTA), and creation of the Center for Optimal Integration (COI)
- Participation in HRSA-funded “Integrative Medicine in Preventive Medicine” residency program with the American College of Preventive Medicine.
During Mr. Weeks’ time as executive director, ACCAHC membership grew to include 14 core organizational members, and 40 individual university and college members, plus a dozen associate members organizations. Annual revenue also saw a six-fold increase.
John was also instrumental with others in the formation of IHPC in its formative days, when Sen. Tom Harkin and others let it be known that they and their peers interested in CAM and integrative health needed an organization to keep them up to date on the evolution of this important wing of healthcare.
For more, see the complete press release here. It includes many direct links to ACCAHC pages and PDFs.