A national grassroots advocacy program to ensure that insurers adhere to the Affordable Care Act, Section 2706: Non-discrimination in Healthcare
IHPC is Reaching Out to its Members and their Patients
CoverMyCare is designed to bring the real-world experience and beneficial health outcomes shared by you and your patients into critical insurance marketplace decisions taking place in your state in 2014.
CoverMyCare is a unique, grass-roots advocacy program that will provide a way for you — as individual providers along with your patients — to influence actions in your states that will lead to insurer adherence to the law.
The best way to make it happen in individual states is to engage the national integrative health community in all the states. CoverMyCare will enable informed advocacy that supports greater access for everyone to all licensed healthcare providers, which is the core intention and promise of Section 2706.
The status of implementation:
- The provisions of the “Non-Discrimination in Healthcare” clause — Section 2706 — of the Affordable Care Act have not been adhered to since the law went into effect Jan. 1 of this year.
- This non-adherence has been exacerbated by an FAQ issued in 2013 by the US departments of HHS, Treasury and Labor that effectively misinterpreted the intent of the law.
- That guidance was so poorly worded that the US Senate Appropriates Committee directed a re-write.
- As a result, HHS opened a Public Comment Period in March of this year, ending on June 10th.
Here is the link to to the HHS Request for Information. As an individual practitioner or member of your professional association, HHS needs to hear from you.
Your contributions will allow us to complete and launch the project web site, get under way with social media, establish partnerships with other organizations, especially those dedicated to better patient-centered care, and to build a digital resource of content and connections for the duration of the project, through 2014.
Among the elements of the site and project:
- A state-by-state contact resource: Officials you can contact
- An Information Toolkit that tells the integrative story
- Constant updates on the impacts achieved in the states
- Information about licensed holistic and integrative professions await licensure.
- How and where practitioners get their training
- Where the field is partnering with and influencing conventional medicine, including in military and veterans health, medical schools, for chronic pain and cancer treatments and much more
- Where the science stands
- Recent data demonstrating the financial value for many integrative options
- Patient stories, told through text and video. We want to crowd source these stories: with your help!
- A growing national community of professionals and patients who can describe the value of their experiences.
Donations: Choose Your Level
Please consider a donation level that is comfortable for you and your practice. You may use PayPal or a credit card.
The link to the donation page will be placed here when ready.