5 October 2021: The Integrative Health Policy Consortium is conducting a search for an Executive Director. Please share this announcement with interested parties,
Position Description: IHPC is seeking a dynamic Executive Director (ED) with a background in and passion for shared governance or coalition leadership, and will work closely with the Executive Committee to help guide the organization to new heights, legislative impact, and expanded membership and membership engagement. The ED will work from a home/personal office to oversee the implementation and adaptation of IHPC’s 2018- 2021 Strategic Plan including fundraising, advocacy, policy and legislative initiatives; develop, drive and implement IHPC’s annual legislative and policy agenda, engage in partnership building and grant writing, communications, marketing and public relations, membership, committee and board activities. This position will be to take a mature-start-up to the next level. The ED will also assist the BOD in driving the overall strategy for the organization and represent IHPC at the national level. The ED will focus on growth in the following areas: fundraising and grant writing, advocacy and legislative impact (state and federal), committee empowerment and impact, and BOD engagement.
IHPC is seeking an ED to improve sustainability, expand capacity and infrastructure through development and escalate impact through ongoing state and federal advocacy and legislative initiatives, membership growth and strategic policy transformation. The right fit will be an executive leader with experience in coalition type organization models or in shared governance, who enjoys working with a highly engaged and knowledgeable membership.
Responsibilities are identified below.
1. Fundraising/Financial Management
2. Legislative Coordination (State and Federal) (
3. Program Planning, Agency, and Community Partnerships
4. Executive Committee, Committees, and Board of Directors Support
The Executive Director will work closely with the Executive Committee and must be thoroughly committed to IHPC’s strategy and mission. Candidates should have:
- Demonstrated success leading and developing significant, successful philanthropic and corporate partnerships and relationships, grant writing, and member relations,
- Demonstrated leadership skills, particularly in shared governance environments along with administrative, budget management, and relationship management experience.
- Strong experience in executive management with coalition building in a transparent, collaborative, inclusive common ground environment is a significant plus.
Please email a cover letter summarizing your experience and desire to work at IHPC, along with a resume, to Beth Clay, Chair, Search Committee at IHPCEDSearch@gmail.com. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To read the full job announcement please click here: 2021.EXEC.DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION. 10.1.2021