IHPC Comments on the NCCIH Strategic Five-Year Plan
IHPC’s comments address in the order the primary objectives set forth by NCCIH in its Draft.
- Advance Fundamental Science and Methods Development
- Improve Care for Hard-to-Manage Symptoms
- Foster Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Enhance the Complementary and Integrative Health Research Workforce
- Disseminate Objective Evidence-based Information on Complementary and Integrative Health Interventions
IHPC’s full comments on the draft (PDF) are here.
(IHPC also requested from NCCIH an estimate of the funding awarded to CAM institutions during the previous four years, both in total dollars and as a percentage of the total NCCIH research budget.)