Did you know that Naturopathic Medicine Week, Oct. 7-13 and Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Day (AOM Day), October 24th are coming up soon? This is the perfect time to highlight your professions and bring attention to the fabulous work that you do. There are a number of ways to get involved and the Integrative Health Policy Consortium (IHPC) is helping get the word out to practitioners.
Naturopathic Medicine Week / In prior years, countless AANP members (practicing NDs as well as students) have organized events ranging from open houses, fun runs and lectures to wine tastings, film showings, health fairs and raffles. Here are a few ideas to spark your creative abilities:
- Participate in the Whole Patient Whole Person Photo Contest. From October 7th – October 13th, submit your photo on Instagram (@institutefornaturalmedicine, hashtags #NatMedWeek2018, #WholePatientWholePerson) to share your whole patient, whole person experience, describing how naturopathic medicine takes care of the mind, body, and soul.
- Shop for some Naturopathic Medicine Week gear or register for a special webinar offering on Resilience, Stress, and Epigenetics.
Get creative. Do your bit to promote the benefits of what you do professionally! You’ll be helping to gain patients, generate visibility, and ultimately improve our health care system. Click here for more information.
AOM Day / The website (www.aomday.org), sponsored by the Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM), is an ideal resource to bring AOM awareness to your community. Whether you are an acupuncturist or not, IHPC encourages all of you to promote this unique day. Here are a few ideas to get started:
- Link the AOM Day website (http://www.aomday.org/) and Facebook page to your website.
- Inspire others and promote your events by registering your activities on the AOM Day website’s “Submit an Event” page.
- Hold an Open House or a free clinic day in your community where you demonstrate acupuncture, Asian bodywork or Chinese herbal treatments free of charge or at a discounted rate.
- Publicize your event for free on local radio stations and newspapers as a community event. There is even a handy toolkit from ASA and Acupuncture Media Works to promote your practice and acupuncture.
- For more ideas go to the “Get Involved” page to take advantage of the various free marketing tools to advertise AOM Day as well as their practice.