The Alliance for Massage Therapy Education is a non-profit organization established to serve as an independent voice, advocate and resource for the entire education sector – from entry-level massage training programs through post-graduate studies. The Alliance is the only organization that brings Schools, Teachers, Continuing Education Providers and Allied Members together under one roof..
The Goals of the Alliance are to:
- Strengthen and improve massage education by providing information and educational opportunities to institutions, administrators, teachers and continuing education providers
- Provide forums for learning, fellowship and mutual support
- Advocate for the interests of members
- Serve as the designated representative for massage therapy education in dealing with other stakeholders in the field, as well as organizations and regulatory bodies outside the field
- Develop standards that guide and inform the effective teaching of massage therapy
- Promote access to massage therapy education to those who are seeking it, from entry-level training through post-graduate studies